Tuesday, February 24, 2009

February 25th, 2009 - Lent Begins












Lent is a season of soul-searching and repentance.
A season for reflection and taking stock.
It's spring-cleaning for the soul!

first step to clearing my heart and mind of clutter,

I arrange a quiet prayer corner in which to talk to God. I find a suitable place in my home and stock it with a Bible, a notebook, pens. When we take time for God, we are refueled

clearing my surroundings of clutter
If the only meaning of life was food, clothes or work, how meaningless it would be. Lent is a wonderful time to remind myself that God’s presence is what gives life meaning.
Clearing the clutter out of my work life

In a culture where what we do is valued above who we are, listening to God is sadly neglected. I will pray about the excess doing; about busy-ness, stress, and workaholism



Clearing Unforgiveness from my heart

If I am unwilling to forgive, this acts like a dam that blocks the flow of God’s grace. I will take time to consider whether there is anyone whom I need to forgive
Cleaning the clutter of worry from my mind
I pray that I will trust God no matter what

Decluttering my relationship with God
I will pray for patience and the willingness to wait


In the early days of the Church lent was a preparatory time for Easter when the faithful rededicated themselves and where converts were instructed in the faith and prepared for baptism.


We imitate the 40 days of Jesus’ withdrawal into the wilderness for 40 days.





No comments: